The GHAEA Digital Learning Team is dedicated to empowering all learners to be Future Ready through innovative and transformative practice.
Future Ready Iowa
Iowa Authentic Learning Network
Students helping to solve authentic problems and assisting in projects with business partners locally and statewide. Our network is growing. This opportunity can be at the classroom level or a stand-alone program. Many districts have worked with the IowaALN network to enhance an existing program.
How does IowaALN help students become Future Ready?
- Provides authentic learning experiences that engage students in 21C Learning including collaboration, communication, creativity and critical thinking across multiple disciplines of learning.
- Engages students in learning through working on authentic projects with a wide variety of potential partnerships.
- Connects students to experts in various fields of different career pathways.
- Allows students to network with community and business partners to gain a better understanding of community and business operations.
- Builds resiliency within our local communities.
View IowaALN partners from around the state by visiting IowaALN.org
Personalized Professional Learning
Through the use of technology and digital learning, our team focuses on creating hands-on, high-quality professional learning opportunities that combine authentic learning with best practice. It is our belief this shift leads to student success. Our focus is not “sit and get” – we immerse our learners in the experience, all while tailoring to your district’s vision.
The Iowa General Assembly suggests by July 1, 2019, each accredited high school offer at least one high-quality computer science course, each accredited middle school offer instruction in exploratory computer science, and each accredited elementary school offer instruction in the basics of computer science. Our team would be happy to help with resources to support those suggestions.
*Want to know more about computer science? Click here!
Iowa’s Digital Learning Plan